Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Rejection, But

Back in October, I sent out my story "The Cave Painter" to the Pedestal magazine for consideration in their speculative fiction edition. The Pedestal is primarily a literary fiction market - they identified guest editors to manage this edition.

The story I submitted was a short piece I wrote over a year ago. I didn't even consider it a full story until my Alpha Reader kicked me. She also recommended this market for it, as the Pedestal is a good e-zine that pays well (8 cents a word).

I got a rejection today, but a lovely one. Apparently out of 600 submissions, it made the top 13, just not the final ToC of 7 stories. I got some very kind words from one of the guest editors, and was told the story was recommended to the editor of the next issue. Considering the story is only vaguely speculative, I thought this was a great response.

So, a rejection -- but a very positive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment