Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Editing Assignment

A few months ago, I found out my name had been referred to a Small Press as someone who could do substantive editing of F/SF. I was asked if I was interested -- and of course said yes. I've missed editing, and having the chance to professionally edit a novel -- kind of awesome.

While I was away, the publisher contacted me about a specific project. Today we confirmed the deal. I'll be editing an SF book for the company. One of their first forays into this field (although they've published a wide variety of books in other genres). If it goes well, there could be more opportunities in the future.

Wish me luck.

(And no, this has nothing to do with the secret project -- this was just another project floating in the miasma of my creative interests).

No comments:

Post a Comment