Monday, December 14, 2009

Summer of Flight Comments

I had a great Thai dinner with my Alpha Reader the other day. We spent something like four and a half hours discussing Summer of Flight (and eating, and drinking tea).

I was extremely relieved by the comments. Overall, it got a passing grade, with some work to get it into the A category. However, the work that needs to be done is pretty straightforward. Unlike my first attempt at writing a book - this one was good. ::laugh::

She's asked a bunch of questions -- but most of the answers (and corresponding changes) are easy to make. The funniest comment of course was that the book needs"30 percent more sneaking." Which it does, in hindsight.

So, that's why I have an Alpha Reader. To keep me from making it too easy on my characters. My goal is to make all the edits before the end of the holidays. I figure this is doable, seeing as I am not ripping apart the book, just adding words, making clarifications, and changing two or three scenes.

But I have a plan, and I intend to stick with it. I'd like to start sending the book to my Beta Readers soon after the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment