Sunday, May 16, 2010

Out into the World

My first round of queries went out today for my novel.

The best thing I could have done was plan to submit the queries on the day I left for a trip...after all, now I have other things to worry about besides the resulting rejections (or requests for pages -- you never know).

I am going to be online throughout the trip, so on the off chance I hear back from anyone, I can respond. Although to be honest, I doubt I'll start hearing back for a few weeks yet. So, I can go enjoy Las Vegas without any worries at all. I plan to do all sorts of exciting things beyond my friend's birthday party. Tomorrow, for instance, I'll be headed to the Grand Canyon. I've always wanted to go back.

On the writing front, my attention will shortly move from the book to the screenplay. My goal is to have that drafted by mid-July.

Jana (Never one to be bored)

No comments:

Post a Comment