Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busy, Busy

Nothing like being busy to remind me how interesting life can be...fortunately all to the good.

Book Update

The final draft of the book is underway, complete with edits as my third round readers get back to me. So far, all comments have been really positive or very minor (i.e., line edits). No major issues identified to date.

I am currently investigating other options for a title, because pretty much every reader I’ve had agrees that the current one doesn’t fit what the book is now (The original version of Summer of Flight was initiated in 2005 – and included a roller coaster accident).

My current front runner titles are A Breath of Air or A Rustle of Wind, the latter of which is very close to a friend’s short story title that I’ve always loved (Hi Ruth!). Not sure either of these fit better. Maybe I'll leave it as is and see what happens.

Query Letter Update

I had to go back to the drawing board for the two paragraph summary (to go in my query letter). Apparently my version didn’t cut it. I kind of expected this – which is why I am glad I have twenty more days to work on it. A friend took the new version I came up with and actually made it good. It's a bit long, but hopefully I can edit it down without loosing the awesomeness.

Synopsis Update

I have one page of my synopsis done (courtesy of my grant application way back when). Next, I have to write the second half. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to writing it. ::laugh::

Television Show Pitch Update

This morning, I finished my last three television show pitches – this time for family dramas with a specific twist. Technically there are only two pitches – but one has two versions (a mainstream audience version and a speculative audience version). If you recall, I was asked to write concepts for a show I would watch. It was kind of fun, actually, trying to figure out what kind of show would make me tune in every week. I think these ones would.

Needless to say, I believe these are my best ideas yet - probably because of the vested interest. Mind you, I also think these are going to be the hardest to win support for - so I don't have my hopes up too high. At least I won't have long to wait to see if the development company is interested. Apparently, there's a meeting tomorrow to discuss them. So, if it's a "not quite right" (which I wouldn't at all be surprised by) I'll know by then.

Goodness, I love the speed of their decisions. No time to even be worried.

I’ll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment