Sunday, May 2, 2010

Well, that was a Surprise

The completion of Draft #3 that is. It was supposed to take me to the end of next weekend. I thought I'd need to do a fair bit of re-work to address feedback on my second-to-last chapter.

No, I just needed to not to be dumb. In other words, I needed to put in the real reason for why X occurred...which just happens to link to the whole giant story arc.

Funny how that works.

So, Summer of Flight has the right ending, two characters that I had made "not themselves" are back to being who they were supposed to be...and I can go about being a surprised, yet happy, writer.

Draft 3 Word Count? 78,823.

Edited to add: Wow. Amazing what words I use way too much. I just did a search for "At Least" and "Even." These two must join "just" on my list of overused (way too much) words.

No comments:

Post a Comment