Saturday, May 1, 2010

Quick Update

May 1st.

Considering June 1st is my (personal) deadline for getting the book out to my first round of Agents - I had better get to work. Not too much time to blog.

Did I mention I have to take five people for High Tea if I miss the deadline? Yikes. Talk about incentive. Mind you, I won't send it out unless I am ready...but still, that would be a painful penalty! On the positive side, if I do get it out the door, I am the one who will be taken out. Much nicer option.

Currently working on Draft 3. Most changes at this point are finicky - to address points of confusion, etc. Last weekend I did have some real fun when I added a thousand words just beyond "X" in order to build a relationship up a bit more. Nice to have something fun and easy to do.

Today it's back to the more challenging bits. Those are fun to address too - just in different ways.

Other things...I've pretty much given up hope on the television pitch going anywhere. That's okay. Like I said, I've learned a lot from the whole process -- more so than most new writers in the field. And, seeing as I knew zilch about TV going in, I can't really complain. I now am that much farther ahead for next time.

I have been asked to write another pitch...this time, for a show I'd never want to miss. This is kind of fun, because it'll be like writing for an anthology. I'll create something just for me. I figure it'll be the most fun to write yet, if the least likely to go anywhere. ::chuckle:: To a degree, it's a blank slate with a theme.

This new pitch also needs to get done before the end of next weekend. Yea! Nothing like multiple deadlines to make me work harder.

So -- looks like I am in for a busy few weeks. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment