Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Where did the month go?

I don't actually remember most of January.

You can blame that on some wacky cough medication. Now, I am on several inhalers, and -- while still sick -- feel I may have finally hit the bottom of the slope and can now start the long journey back up to to full speed.

It better not take another six weeks. Seriously.

On the good side, the TV pitch (formerly known as the secret project) is still under consideration for development. Things were slow moving in January but it seems they may hold interviews with potential writers in the coming weeks. In other words, it isn't a "we gave up" yet. So that's a good thing.

In the interim, I was asked if I'd be interested in throwing out some concepts for another type of show. Similar to the first request, this one seems to have originated from a "broadcasters are interested in [fill in blank] shows.

Did I mention my brain hasn't worked properly in six weeks?

I said I'd see what I could come up with. It just might take a while. After all, I need a chance to recover first.

In the meantime, I probably have the brainpower to watch a bunch of procedural dramas.

After all, it would be research.

2 comments:

  1. Geez, Jana, I hope you feel better soon! You didn't have pneumonia, did you?

    And good luck with the projects. I'll be anxious to hear what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Not sure what it is -- the doctor thought it was just a cold or flu complicated by my asthma...but I've had that happen every time I get a cold, and this wasn't that. Or at least not just that.

    At least I am getting better.

    And thanks. I figure if I keep throwing ideas at them, one will stick. The key to me is they are asking me for them now. I figure that's positive, even if nothing happens for a while.

    ReplyDelete