Thursday, May 31, 2012

How long does it take to change your lifestyle?

I once read that it takes six months to change your lifestyle. As I reach the six month point since I made the choice to re-invent my health and fitness (my last big decision during the Year of Reinvention), I am contemplating how true that statement is.

I'm less stressed. I'm eating well. I'm in the best shape of my life (and just starting to realize how much farther I can go). I screwed up my knee and worked through it. I ran my first 10k. I learned how to do chin-ups. I'm looking forward to Spartan Race and the Loaring beginner triathlon (more firsts). I've decided to sign up for a half-marathon in October (it'll be almost a year by then after all).

More importantly, I'm starting to think about what I'll do next year and the year after that -- and I'm looking forward to proving to myself that I can.
 
Hmmm. Lifestyle change in six months....yes, I think you could say that.
 
2012 is the Year of Endeavour. I haven't said much about it here -- but the word endeavour means to strive toward a noble goal. While this year is primarily the impact of a decision I made last year -- the word still fits - more so than I ever imagined six months ago.
 
Endeavour -- it's about finding out what's possible. I expect to be doing that for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment