Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back on the Year of Reinvention

The Year of Reinvention has gone out like a lion for sure, what with the three day a week personal training sessions intended to help me reinvent my health and wellness.

Overall, this was a year about finding out what is most important to me. I found out that while I loved my job, I loved my like better -- and needed to change my job to change my life. I found a job I like (with the same company) -- and was able to do more than in many of the years previous because of the change.

I flew to England, toured around and saw places straight out of the book I want to write this coming year. I sailed aboard the Stad Amsterdam to learn about how to sail a tall ship. I met wonderful friends, I shared adventures with many.

I helped my parents move out of my childhood home. It was sad to say good-bye, but I love their new house and it suits them. Together, we reinvented the holidays in a new home -- but with family, which is the most important. When I say I am going home -- I mean to them -- not to a place. I learned that.

I like to think I did good things for others this year as well -- to pay it forward. Not as much as I could probably do, but more than I've done in a while. This year was about more than me. The best part was finding the owner of a Metropass I found on the ground. I learned I can be industrious and imaginative when I try.

I could have written more -- but I actually wrote the most since my time in Hawaii -- so I think I did well. I needed to breathe first, before I could worry about telling stories. Now, I can do them both. It's a good feeling.

I don't know what the coming year will bring -- but I do know that I leave 2011 a better, more rounded person. I hope that's enough to carry me forward to another great year.

Here is hoping all of you have one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment