Monday, November 9, 2009

Possibilities

I was asked to write a couple of pitches a few months ago. I didn't expect anything to come of them, but when you are asked to do something interesting, you say yes -- right? Once I provided them, I promptly forgot they even existed -- mostly because I figured they weren't ever going to go anywhere. I wrote them for fun more than anything.

I heard today that one of the concepts I came up with has received a tiny bit of interest. In reality, this doesn't mean much...well, except there wasn't a straight out "no" (a good thing in my mind).

To compare this to the consulting world, I see the concept as having made it passed the "Expression of Interest" step, with the company now needing to make a bid/no bid decision.

In this situation the company has to see if it can find an interested Project Manager willing to develop a full proposal. If it does, the company may make a decision to bid.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds over the next few months. It is likely going to go nowhere, which is why I am being so cryptic. And yet, on the off chance it does go somewhere, I would want to remember every step on the journey.

So, this post is more for me than for you. Thanks for bearing with me.

Edited on Nov. 10th: I just saw the preliminary list of individuals who may be approached about this project -- wow, that was quick. From looking at their experience, all of them look like they would be a good fit -- although one stuck out for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment