Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Missing Chapter...

Is no longer missing. After re-writing almost sixty pages -- of a 250 page book -- to make an event happen earlier, the missing chapter finally found its way out of my brain.

No doubt it will still need work, but it is there. There. There. There. I could dance right now.

I can't believe it took me almost five months to figure out why the chapter refused to be written. Fortunately, it only took me two weeks to rectify the problem once I figured it out.

I am not complaining mind you. I now have a book without any missing pieces. Tomorrow, I hope to read the last ninety pages -- mostly to weed out all the things that no longer make sense because I've moved one of the critical events earlier. After the finicky detail work of the past two weeks, this should be the easy part.

I know, famous last words. I can dream though.

No comments:

Post a Comment