Friday, May 13, 2011

Update on life...

With respect to the awesome opportunity -- I actually did get a call back and two follow-up calls. The final verdict was that I don't quite have the expertise needed.

Ah well. Not unexpected -- I am more amazed at just how close I came.

On the writing front - I got some excellent feedback on the pilot. What it mostly amounted to was this: Great writing...but it's written too much like a book.

Hmm. It makes sense when I look at it that way. I've written it far too much from one perspective for television. Also, while it is a serial drama, there still needs to be a single story arc for the episode (rather than having it as part-1 of a 12 part series).

Both eminently fixable now I know what the issues are. There were other things too - but nothing devastating.

Which is good, since I found out the deadline for the contest I want to enter is actually June 1st...not July 1st. Whoops!

So this weekend's plan? Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment